Let's Create Something Together
HGLD is a full service lighting design firm for Live events including Theater, Dance, and Corporate Events. HGLD also creates Permanent Installations that can be seen at airports, museums, and theme parks. We pride ourselves in our artistry, impulsivity, and our ability to visually communicate with audiences and clients.
Herrick is an award winning lighting designer who has been designing for live events, film/tv, and permanent installations since the early 90's. His talent and experience led him to teach design at MIT and have allowed him to travel the world. Designing on 6 continents. His work has been seen all over NYC including Broadway's August Wilson, dozens of Off-Broadway theaters , regional theaters all over the U.S., And the Las Vegas Strip. Permanent installations include the LaGuardia Terminal B water feature, Madame Tussauds Times sq. & Las Vegas and many more. Large event designs have been presented in Dallas Cowboy stadium, The Toyota Center, Araneta colliseum in Manila , Madison Sq. Garden, and hundreds of ballrooms around the world. Herrick's aesthetic and sense of humor have garnered him praise from collaborators and clients everywhere.
Due to recent successes we have created a sister company Evoke Collaborative. Be sure to visit there as well.
Honors & Awards
- 2020 Drama Desk Nominee best Lighting Design “Einstein’s Dreams”
- 2018 SALT award for best Lighting Design Syracuse Stage “Wizard of OZ”
- 2011 Henry Hewes Nominee for Joe DiPietro’s “Falling for Eve”
- 2010 Live Design Excellence award for Best Theatrical Lighting Design
- 2009 ISES Big Apple award for Best Event Lighting
- 2009 Henry Hewes (formerly American Theatre Wing) Nominee for “Rooms a Rock Romance”
- 2009 LDI Redden Award for Excellence in Theatrical Design